GENERAL RULES FOR MAINTAINING DISCIPLINE
- Students must maintain a standard of discipline. Breach of discipline may lead to expulsion /rustication from the college.
- Students must abide by the rules and regulations prescribed by the college authority. Violation of rules, irregular attendance, discourtesy to the teachers and non teaching staff members, use of filthy and obscene language, wilful damage of institutional property will attract proper disciplinary action.
- RAGGING in any form in hostels and in the college campus is strictly prohibited.Proper disciplinary action will be taken against the wrongdoer. Every student will be required to sign an undertaking that the student will desist from indulging in ragging.
- Use of cell phone is strictly prohibited within the college campus & its violation attracts a fine of Rs. 1000/-(Rupees One thousand) only.
- Students should maintain a neat appearance with formal haircuts, without earrings and other objectionable items.
- All powers for maintenance of discipline are vested with the Head of the Institution and his decision shall be final in all such matters.
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF DIGBOI COLLEGE LIBRARY
- Reading room : 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM (Monday to Saturday)
- Issue Counter: 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM (Monday to Saturday)
- All users must adhere to the rules and regulations of the library.
- Bonafide students and teachers and other guests permitted by authority/librarian can enter the library;
- Every visitorshall sign the gate register in token of his acceptance to adhere to the rules of the library.
- Personal belongings except purses or notebooks are to be deposited at the property counter.
- Silence must be maintained within the library premises.
- Disciplinary action can be taken against visitor of uncivil behaviour and those who damage books and other property of the library.
- Each member is provided with a membership identity card.
- Each member has to present his membership card before issue of book.
- In case of loss of readers’ card, a duplicate card is issued after being satisfied with the explanation of the borrower and payment of Rs. 10.00 (Ten) along with an indemnity bond. In such cases the librarian may suspend the reader’s membership upto 3 months.
- A book is generally issued to a student for 7 days & can be renewed for other 7 days. A fine of Rs. 1.00 per day is payable for delay in return.
- Book lost, torn, defaced, marked or damaged in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrowers.
- Books issued can be recalled at any time, if necessary.
- The members shall not sub lend the books issued from the library.
- References books, rare books, unbound periodicals may not be issued generally except with the written permission of the librarian.
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF HOSTEL
- Boarders must keep the hostel premises clean and tidy.
- No meeting / functions can be organized in the hostel without the prior permission from the Warden.
- Boarders must seek permission from the Warden if they want to go out of hostel for any important purpose.
- Boarders are allowed to go out of the hostel only once in a day.
- Boarders should switch off light and fan whenever they are not in room.
- Boarders should follow proper dress code in and outside the hostel.
- In case ofany grievance/ dispute, boarders should immediately inform the hostel monitor/ Warden and refrain from taking any action personally.
- Boarders can use computers only for academic purpose with due permission from the Warden.
- Boarders of girls’ hostel are not allowed to go to their home without the accompaniment of their legal/ local guardian.
- Boarders must keep hostel clean, take care of hostel property and its biodiversity.
- a) Study Hours: 6 PM to 9 PM
b) Visiting Hours (for guardians): 3 PM to 5 PM
c) Time for use of Cell Phones : 8 AM to 8.30 AM & 3.30 PM to 4.30 PM
d) Outing time (only on Sundays) :10.00 AM to 3.00 PM